all images ©2017 brian burke photography
unauthorized use strictly prohibited

Friday, May 23, 2008

I Am Sorry


Here is the second shot from the "Love Lived Here" series I'm working on. I have determined that I need to go back and shoot some more, now that I know the angles. Thank God for digital. This is actually an alternate version of the shot I started working with. The first shot is a boring, straight on shot of the angel statuette against a porch post.

I think this is a much more intimate shot. The angel seems to be surrealistically speaking the words "I am sorry" that are scribbled on the white porch post. I think if I had actually captured the "s" in sorry, this might be a much better shot.

There's a fair amount of processing on this shot for just a plain ol' black and white. First, I used Curves to punch up the contrast. Then the black and white conversion using Channel Mixer (the blend is 40, 20, 40). Then a levels adjustment layer to set the white and black point. Then sharpened.

0 comments: