all images ©2017 brian burke photography
unauthorized use strictly prohibited

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Start-up

I'm not really sure why I started this blog. More than anything, I think this is an avenue to share my passing attempts at amateur photography with friends. LeAnne Parks is always bugging me to share the pictures I take of the Playgroup kids, but I never do. For all the ease of digital photography, it's a bit of a pain to load, cull, crop and edit pics and then email them to people.

I don't know. Maybe this will suffice, maybe it won't. I may need a dedicated gallery like something on Smugmug. I'm not sure I want to pay for it, though. I've been reading Strobist too much recently for that. Besides, all the Strobist people hang out over at Flickr anyway.

I'm not convinced I'm fierce enough to have a "real" blog. We'll see. Gotta start someplace. I
tried to upload the very first picture (one of Hadley, Annalee and Ander) but it didn't work--I'll figure it out. I'm not sure how much storage space I get, so there may be a Smugmug account in my future after all. Check it out--something like $39.95 per year for the very basic account with unlimited storage. The $59.95 power user account looks like an even better deal, except I don't need the video option. Too bad there's not an in-between or a la carte package.

UPDATE: Ok, this was the first picture I was going to post. This is from last year's Christmas parade. More, please!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Brian...LeAnne is happy that you have started this. She said it was about time you got off your tail end and did something with the pictures...oops...I don't think I was suppose to tell you that.

Guess I'll be asking for forgiveness...again.

brian said...

The pressure was too much . . . .

dw said...

Why no recent commentary/pics? Have you given up blogging already??!

brian said...

Couple of reasons. Work has been both busy and frustrating, so I don't have much mental energy for blogging. The weather hasn't been great, so I haven't been shooting much, despite my earlier commitment to get out and shoot. This blog has also been a bit of an effort at diminishing returns; in other words, there's not been a lot of activity (i.e., posts), although I haven't really been broadcasting its existence. So, in summary, I haven't had much material to post, I haven't had much desire to post, and posting activity by readers has been limited, so with little participation, there's not much use in posting.

I'll get back in the saddle soon. I think I'm going to go political pretty soon. After all, it's one of those years where I get to break out my political science degree and play with it.

Stay tuned, and thanks for checking in!

brian said...

Ok, Dalas. You asked for it. Check out the new post.