all images ©2017 brian burke photography
unauthorized use strictly prohibited

Friday, June 20, 2008

What to Do Today, June 20th

Couple of cool things today:

1. Julie and I celebrate our 1oth wedding anniversary, which is (I think) a pretty amazing thing, considering the selfish amount of crap I'm capable of handing out. We're celebrating by getting over a vicious little stomach bug that has terrorized the whole family since Sunday morning; and

2. Shoot! The Day (S!TD for short, not STD). This event is being put on by PhotoShelter in an effort to re-stock (pardon the unavoidably intended pun) stock photography libraries. The underlying motivation is interesting. It seems they surveyed purchasers of stock and learned that not only are these users not finding what they need, but, in many cases, they are underwhelmed by the quality of the images that are out there. The results they have put together is good news to people trying to break into stock (like me).

I may not get out and shoot much today (shame), but I've got some motivation to focus my stock efforts on what is really around us here in NWA--active seniors in Bella Vista and a very present Hispanic community.

There's a lot to shoot-get out and press the button.

4 comments:

Audra said...

Congratulations! It's amazing that you guys have been married for ten years. I remember your wedding. Wow, ten years since I attended that wedding when I was 16.

brian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

yeah, never told you congrats, either! congrats! 10 has gone by in a hurry... as has your hair!! ha! love ya! :-)

brian said...

Yous is coming up. Time flies.