all images ©2017 brian burke photography
unauthorized use strictly prohibited

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Paying Attention


I've been bitching about not getting to go photograph Ann Falls last week during the ice storm. Today is really the first chance I had to go out there and check it out. I should have taken my waders because the money shots are really down in the falls. I took a few pics, and posted the best ones on my Flickr page.

I drug Paul Schaefer out with me. And as we were finishing up around the falls, he mentioned that he wanted to run down and shoot this old Chevy pick-up parked under a canopy at the old recycling center. In my single-minded desire to shoot the falls, I lost sight (figuratively, if you will) of what I've been trying to tell myself since this post: shoot what's out there. Here's my favorite shot of the day (including the waterfall).

EXIF: ISO 100, f/4.8 for 1/80" at 122mm (Nikkor 70-300VR)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I've debated photographing that old truck probably a half dozen times. I've always talked myself out of it thinking I would probably get fined for trespassing, LOL... Glad to see you made to Ann Falls!

brian said...

You just need to go with a card-carrying POA member like me! I never would have taken a shot of that ol' truck had Paul Schaefer not said he was going to go do it. There's a couple of shots that I wanted to make once I got down there but couldn't seem to pull off (empty driver's seat, open window wing, etc.).