all images ©2017 brian burke photography
unauthorized use strictly prohibited

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tragic fire in Bentonville

A house fire in the early morning hours claimed the lives of 5 children, the oldest of which was a seventh grade girl my mom has tutored for the past five years (Tuesday was their day). The Morning News generally updates its website quickly, so see here for what they are reporting.

As a parent, this is one of those things that just kicks you in the gut.

I'll update this post as I learn more.

UPDATE: There was a press conference a little while ago. KFSM has an updated story here.

UPDATE #2: The story in today's Morning News is pretty thorough.

UPDATE #3: The comments on the Morning News story includes a comment from the aunt and uncle. I guess the meth theory has been explained away. As expected, no clarification on the news tonight.

2 comments:

Audra said...

Ugh.
I mean. Ugh.
How very sad.

That's all I can say.

brian said...

I've been wanting to go take a picture of the front porch of this house--it's covered with flowers.