all images ©2017 brian burke photography
unauthorized use strictly prohibited

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Don't Think Twice

Did anybody watch American Idol last night? I usually space out at this point in the competition because most of the freaks are off the show, and the amusement of the earlier auditions has faded, but I tuned in for a while last night, and caught David Cook's cover of Chris Cornell's cover of Jack-O's Billy Jean. I'm usually pretty sharp with music stuff, who's covered what, who's produced what, etc. I had no clue that Chris Cornell (of Soundgarden fame) had covered this. So while I'm a little less impressed with David Cook for maybe letting this get passed off as his arrangement, at least he knew about it, and if you really listen to it, Ryan Seacrest introduced it as a cover, so it was out there. Whether RandyPaulaSimon picked up on it, I don't know. Bottom line: most incredible performance I've seen on American Idol ever, and a great version of what was a good song (for about 3 minutes, anyway).


0 comments: