all images ©2017 brian burke photography
unauthorized use strictly prohibited

Monday, January 4, 2010

Field Trip

During the snow and ice storm of 2009, I wanted to get out and take some shots, but trial prep prevented me from doing so. This week, I have vowed not to make the same mistake. I have my tripod and waders in the truck and I am by golly going to get some winter waterfall pictures this week (and with the temperatures being so cold this week, it's not like the snow is going to melt). So maybe late tomorrow I'm going to head to Ann Falls and/or Tanyard Creek. If you're inclined to tag along, let me know--I'm sure I'll go more than one day this week. You will absolutely need a tripod, although you may not absolutely need waders (I will be in the water, though). You will also need the ability to manually control the shutter speed of your camera. If you can't slow down the shutter speed to half a second or slower, you won't be able to get the cotton candy effect that make all those waterfall shots so dreamy.

0 comments: