all images ©2017 brian burke photography
unauthorized use strictly prohibited

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Capture Arkansas

Update: As of August 19th (5 days left to submit), Boy Fishing is up to 83 votes (thank you Brandie and Shane for letting me post the photograph) and Hitching a Ride is up to 37 in its 8th day of being posted. I Am Sorry picked up 6 today.


There are about 11 days left in the Capture Arkansas project. Tons of photographs have been submitted for this project, and a great number of them are excellent. I have submitted 10 photographs (well 9 actually because one somehow got posted twice). The picture of Beck Perry fishing has picked up nearly 75 votes to lead my little pic pack. I'm thrilled--that's one of my favorites. The hitch-hiking grasshopper has picked up over a dozen votes since I posted it Monday. Everything else runs the gamut in a surprising way. A couple of the pictures that I think are interesting have fewer than 10 votes. The Cooper Chapel picture has some fundamental flaws, but it's second or third in my vote count. One Tree Hill has 7 votes, but was warmly received at Nikonians. Nice little marketing test.

I want to thank Dalas for making me aware of Capture Arkansas in the first place. I also want to thank those of you who have voted for my stuff. Go check out the site if you haven't--it's a great pictorial of our state.

0 comments: